Fixed Privacy Screen
Wall-mounted concertina style Fixed Privacy Screen, designed for use in a Changing Places Toilet
Download Fixed Privacy Screen Specification Sheet
- Full length Wipe-Clean handle and hinges
- No track or rails for entanglement
- Panels automatically fold correctly when panel is being closed
- Available in a range of lengths to suit user requirement
- Available in two heights to ensure it suits your particular application
Astor wall-mounted concertina style Fixed Privacy Screen, designed for use in a Changing Places Toilet. In a Changing Places toilet, the WC should not be visible from the door opening and a Privacy Screen is often used so that a WC can be separated from the carer to give some privacy within the room.
Created with a Formica 1.5mm panel skin, the concertina privacy screen is one of the most durable available on the market.
Enclosed Fixed Screens
If you choose to install a fixed Privacy Screen, there is the option to save on space as the screen can be folded away when not in use. In this case, the Privacy Screen can be fixed to the wall or floor.
Removable for Occasional Use
Where a fixed privacy screen may not be feasible, Aveso can supply a mobile Privacy Screen. This option is usually a heavy duty 10mm steel chassis base with screens from 1.68 to 2.6 metres wide and the screen folds neatly away when not in use.
Changing Places Specifications: Privacy Screen
A curtain or screen should be provided between the toilet and the rest of the room. This provides privacy for people who, having been assisted into position on the toilet, are then able to use it unaided.
A Privacy Screen also allows an assistant to use the toilet in privacy if it is not appropriate for the person they are accompanying to be left alone outside the room.
- Wallmounted retractable screens or free standing folding screens are preferred as they take up minimal space when fully retracted but provide the necessary privacy when extended.
- When retracted, wallmounted screens should not obstruct the space to the side of the WC.
- Ceiling-mounted curtain tracks or fixed rails are unlikely to be suitable as they may obstruct the ceiling-track hoist.